Pages

Friday, December 18, 2020

Merry and Bright

 


 

My Merry and Bright quilt is finished. I had it quilted in the Spring but then set it aside to work on some other projects. I put the binding on it in the Fall. I had bought this fabric years ago as a kit to make another quilt pattern based on one block. I ended up making that block in an exchange and realized while I liked the look of it I did not really enjoy making it. A few years ago at a retreat I attended, someone was making the Charm Big Star pattern by Missouri Star Quilt Company using Christmas fabrics. I really liked it and decided to make a version for myself. The fabric showcases a lot of snowflakes so I wanted to find a snowflake pattern that I could use as the focus block. I found wonderful snowflake paper piecing patterns from Canuck Quilter Designs. I was also able to find a fabulous flannel red snowflake fabric for the binding.  I am thrilled that this quilt is done. It will be wonderful to cuddle under it and watch a movie or read a book. 


Linking to Can I Get a Whoop, Whoop.

2 comments:

Louise said...

Super cute finish! I love how the big snowflake takes center stage in the sea of charms. Smart way to make one big block do all the heavy lifting :)

Barb said...

Wonderful......and there is nothing like snuggling under a quilt you made yourself. Merry Christmas to you!!