Pages

Friday, March 20, 2020

Merry and Bright




I have had this fabric, Merry and Bright for along time. It originally came as a kit but I decided I no longer liked the pattern. A few years ago at a retreat I attended someone was making the Charm Big Star pattern by Missouri Star Quilt Company using Christmas fabrics. I really liked it and decided to make a version for myself. The fabric showcases a lot of snowflakes so I wanted to find a snowflake pattern that I could use as the focus block. I found wonderful snowflake paper piecing patterns from Canuck Quilter Designs. I was also able to find a fabulous flannel red snowflake fabric for the binding. Quilting has definitely been helping through these self distancing times.

Linking to Can I Get A Whoop, Whoop.

1 comment:

Louise said...

That turned out really super! I love that you added one of Joanne's snowflakes. Her patterns are so well written :)