Pages

Friday, August 17, 2018

Lotus Finale






My Lotus quilt, pattern by Jaybird Quilts is finished and given to my friend. It was very much appreciated. I like to name my quilts and I called this one Triangulation. This quilt was one I fell in love with more and more as I put it all together. The fabrics are outside of the realm of what I would choose to make for myself which is one of the reasons I enjoy making quilts for others. It helps stretch my creativity and this quilt helped me get through some health issues I was having. Quilting has given me so much.




I also made an envelope pillow cover for the first time using this tutorial. A friend had gotten the embroidered cloth from Panama and wanted me to make it into a pillow cover for her sister. Again, this is something I would have not done for myself but knowing how easy it is now, I will definitely make another one at some point.

Linking to TGIFF and Can I Get a Whoop, Whoop.


5 comments:

Izzy said...

Congratulations on two finishes! They both look very nice. And how great that you learned something new in the process! Thank you for linking up for TGIFF. :-)

Lin said...

Gorgeous quilt. Looks like old tiles on a church floor, beautiful. xx

time4stitchn said...

What an interesting pattern! I like the geometric design of it and intrigued by figuring out how it went together. I also really love your red stars for your parents in your previous post. You are so lucky to have them reach the golden anniversary!

Debbie

Louise said...

What a gorgeous finish! Your friend is so lucky to receive such a loving gift :)

Laura said...

I love the blue that you used as the accent in the Triangulation quilt -- it's so tranquil!