Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Stress-free quilting



One of my favourite things about quilting is that it helps me with stress. One of my least favourite things about quilting is that it can also cause stress. To combat this, I like to work on a quilt that I call my stress free quilting. It is always something to make for myself so there is not time limits. It is never a needs to be completely scrappy so I have to be careful not to have the same fabrics touch each other, nor it is one that can be done in a few hours. I try to choose one that has sections or blocks that can be put together in stages so that I can see progress and not feel as though I am losing any pieces.

I got this one out a couple of weekends ago. I started it a while ago and then left it for a long time. I originally bought a lot of the fabric as a kit, but I decided I did not like the pattern so I looked for something else. I found the pattern called Churn Dash and Stars by Mary Quilts. It feels good to be working on something again with no deadlines; just the pure enjoyment of quilting.

Linking up to WIP Wednesday at The Needle and Thread Network.

No comments: