Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Fabric Friday





I have been doing bits and pieces of quilting here and there, but I have been sick for a week so I feel behind in everything, home, work and quilting included. I went camping last weekend with my family and we all came home sick with colds. We stayed overnight at my mother-in-law's on the way to the camp since it was quite a ways away from us. While there she gave me a beautiful soft denim jacket with red and white piping. Blue and red are one of my favourite colour combinations and I decided right then that I wanted to make a blue and red quilt.The next morning we left and as we were driving toward the camp I realized that we would be going right past the quilt store that I had visited on our summer vacation. I had bought 1/2 metre of aqua fabric there and it turned out to be the perfect shade to go with my red and aqua quilt, so I used it as the inner border. I did not have enough fabric to use it for the binding, so we stopped and and I got some more of it. While looking around the store, I noticed some charm packs. Wiscasset, red, blue and tan. It was a bit of an eerie feeling when I had just decided to buy some beautiful red and blue fabric. I bought all 4 charm packs that they had and of course I want to make a quilt with it right away. I think I will hold off until I have my Christmas quilting organized.



3 comments:

Myra said...

Sorry to hear you all have been sick! Knocks the routine out the window for sure...
How wonderful the shop still had some fabric for your binding, and lovely charm packs!! Looking forward to what you'll create! 8-)

CitricSugar said...

Feel better!

And good luck with holding out until after your Christmas sewing is done! I'm trying to wait to start my Christmas sewing (too much on my plate) but my sewing fingers start to itch when new fabric falls into my hands...

Unknown said...

Ugh. That cold doesn't sound like fun. Feel better Michelle!