Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Sew Modern

I am not necessarily sure I would consider myself Sew Modern, but I did want to join a group with Canadian quilters. I have enjoyed the blocks so far, and have learned a lot from each one of them. February is my month for the bee and surprise, surprise I decided on a rainbow quilt. I  love making rainbow quilts for kids and decided I needed one too. I have also been trying to make more things with half square triangles. I found this free pattern from Lecien and thought it would work well. I am having my group do the other squares and I will make the centre medallion. Here is my purple block :



I finished my January Sew Modern Bee last week for Jennifer. I had not tried this method before for making these stars but I liked it. She also asked us to make a smaller block with the left over triangles which I thought was a great idea.
 It will be exciting again to start receiving things in the mail.  I love all the surprises quilting brings!

4 comments:

Ariane said...

I love your blocks!! They look great!!

Barb said...

Love these blocks!!

Lee D said...

I look forward to seeing all that you get in the mail. I wish there were rainbows in the sky and not snow flakes

Myra said...

Wonderful blocks Michelle!
Love the finished quilt pattern you linked to for the purple block!!! I look forward to seeing that top completed.
Could you link me to the "method" for your star block... Would like to see... 8-)
Happy stitchings!